home subscribe advertise reprints e-mail help RSS about us LOG IN

Mortgage News

 

Mortgage News

HOT Topics

production

servicing

compliance

legal

fraud

secondary

jobs

appraisal

site map

www.loan-academy.com/
twitter linkedin
facebook google+
Search:

Mortgage News

News by Subject
Complete list of specialty news sections.

Purchase Subscription
Subscribe to MortgageDaily.com and get immediate access to all news, statistics and archives.

Mortgage Advertising
Reach mortgage executives, loan originators and other people tied to mortgage industry.

Consumer Mortgage News
Free mortgage news for prospective borrowers.

Mortgage Newsletter
Free e-mail newsletter with the latest headlines from MortgageDaily.com.

Mortgage News Reprints
Put entire MortgageDaily.com stories in your online or printed newsletter or publication.

Mortgage Feedget RSS code
Condensed MortgageDaily.com stories free on your Web site or for your RSS reader.

News Archives
Archive of MortgageDaily.com stories by month going back to 1999.

Press Releases
Reports and announcements from MortgageDaily.com.

Mortgage Statistics
Data and statistics for real estate finance.

Mortgage Directories
Directories of lenders, branch operators and mortgage service providers.

Mortgage Graphs
Directories of lenders, branch operators and mortgage service providers.

FHA News | Government Resources | M o r t g a g e e Letters | FHA Statistics
FHA, VA and HECM mortgage news. HUD and G i n n i e news also. Originations, servicing and FHA approval.



DPA DOA

MBA issues statement over HUD final rule

October 1, 2007

By MortgageDaily.com staff


The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has said no to seller funded downpayment assistance on federally insured loans.

The agency issued a final rule Friday prohibiting DPA on loans insured by the Federal Housing Administration if the funds are provided by either the seller or anyone else that stands to financially benefit from the transaction, the Mortgage Bankers Association announced Friday.

"MBA expressed concerns with the final rule," the statement said.

A statement from an executive for the Washington, D.C.-based trade association suggested HUD's decision will significantly impact FHA volume.

"Indeed, seller-funded downpayment assistance programs comprise approximately 30 percent of FHA's total volume, providing important assistance to cash-strapped borrowers," said MBA Senior Vice President of Public Policy Steve O'Connor in the statement. "While there is a need for stronger quality control measures, we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater and end the program."

MBA had previously recommended that additional risks from seller-paid DPA could be mitigated by reducing the combined maximum of seller paid fees, which was at 6 percent, and seller-assisted downpayments, which was limited to 3 percent, from a total of 9 percent to a total of 6 percent.

"This will significantly mitigate the risk that total seller contributions will not exceed market norms and result in an inducement to purchase that has the propensity to inflate value in order to cover the seller's costs," a letter from the group said at the time.


SUBSCRIBERS: Edit Subscription | Subscription Help | or call 214.521.1300

Subscribe Contact Us Site Map

Copyright © 2017 Mortgage Daily, D a l l a s
Subsribers Only:

AMC directory

ARM indexes

mortgage company directory

mortgage regulations

net branch directory

p r i c i n g engine directory

wholesale lender directory

More Mortgage News Resources (full site map):

advertising news

appraisal news

bank news

biggest lenders

commercial mortgage news

corporate mortgage news

credit news

FHA news

financial regulation news

foreclosure news

GSE news

jumbo mortgage news

interest rates

loan modification news

loan originator survey

LOS Newsletter

MBS

mortgage associations

mortgage-backed securities

mortgage books

mortgage brokers

mortgage compliance

mortgage conferences

mortgage directories

mortgage education

mortgage employment

mortgage employment index

mortgage executives

mortgage fraud

mortgage fraud blog

mortgage fraud local news

Mortgage Fraud Index

Mortgage Graveyard

mortgage insurance news

mortgage lawsuits

mortgage leads

mortgage lender ranking

mortgage licenses

mortgage litigation

Mortgage Litigation Index

Mortgage Market Index

mortgage mergers

mortgage news

mortgage politics

mortgage press releases

mortgage production

mortgage public relations

mortgage rates

mortgage servicing

mortgage statistics

mortgage technology

mortgage video

mortgage Webinars

net branch

net branch directory

nonprime news

origination news

originator tools

real estate news

refinance news

reverse mortgage news

secondary marketing

social media

servicing news

subprime news

wholesale lenders