|Fannie Mae February Volume $66.6 Billion
February Monthly Summary
March 20, 2002
By MortgageDaily.com staff
In its Monthly Summary for February 2002, the Office of Investor Relations at mortgage finance giant Fannie Mae reported the following monthly and year-to-date activity.
- Fannie Mae?s book of business grew at a 20.1 percent compound annual rate, up from 11.6 percent in January.
- The mortgage portfolio grew at a compound annual rate of 27.0 percent. Mortgage portfolio purchases were $33.2 billion, the third highest on record after January 2002 and December 2001.
- Fannie Mae?s total business volume was $66.6 billion, the third highest month on record.
- Outstanding MBS grew at a compound annual rate of 14.5 percent in February.
- Both single-family and multifamily delinquency rates remained stable at 0.49 percent and 0.32 percent, respectively.
- The net interest margin averaged 115 basis points in February, up four basis points from January.