|Traffic Climbs 46% At MortgageDaily.com In August
IRVING, TX (September 4, 2001) MortgageDaily.com, the mortgage newspaper of tomorrow, announced today that August traffic jumped 46% from July to 32,515 unique sessions. The national mortgage news publication also reported that page views -- which were 51,016 in July -- rose sixty-six percent to 84,882 page views in August.
Last month, the Irving, Texas-based news publication announced that traffic was up 36% from the prior month.
Sam Garcia, General Manager of MortgageDaily.com, attributed the traffic growth to four primary factors:
- Increased content
- Archiving and searching capabilities
- Other news sites republication of stories that appear in MortgageDaily.com
- Sensational nature of stories published
In July, the online trade journal announced a content deal with RealtyTimes.com, a consumer real estate news publication. As a result of that deal, mortgage news stories from top mortgage journalists have been published in addition to MortgageDaily.com's self-produced content.
While the top ten pages garner about 30% of the page views, the other 70% of page views are well distributed through the remaining archived stories and interactive ad pages. Users can easily sift through and read archived stories by using the recently-added news search engine to find stories about a specific subject.
Stories written by Sam Garcia have recently begun appearing in the headline news and commercial news sections of the Mortgage Bankers Association of America's official web site, www.MBAA.org. RealtyTimes.com has also begun publishing stories authored by Sam Garcia. When publishing these stories, both MBAA.org and RealtyTimes.com provide links back to MortgageDaily.com -- resulting in additional traffic.
One major factor in traffic growth has been the recent proliferation of sensational mortgage news events. "Beginning with the PinnFund Scam, recent events involving fraud in the mortgage industry have been uncovered at a pace not seen since MortgageDaily.com has been in operation," Sam Garcia said.
During the past week alone, published stories involving fraud in the mortgage industry included:
"Our traffic reports clearly indicate that readers prefer sensational news stories, with 'mortgage fraud' headlines grabbing the most interest. Other subjects that generate much traffic include 'interest rate predictions', 'sales tips for originators' and 'automated valuations'."
Behind the U.S., the Netherlands contiues to be the country from which the most traffic is originated, followed by Canada.