Complete list of specialty news sections
Subscribe to MortgageDaily.com and get immediate access to all news, statistics and archives.
Reach mortgage executives, loan originators and other people tied to mortgage industry.
Free mortgage news for prospective borrowers.
Free e-mail newsletter with the latest headlines from MortgageDaily.com.
Put entire MortgageDaily.com stories in your online or printed newsletter or publication.
Condensed MortgageDaily.com stories free on your Web site or for your RSS reader.
Archive of MortgageDaily.com stories by month going back to 1999.
Reports and announcements from MortgageDaily.com.
Data and statistics for real estate finance.
Directories of lenders, branch operators and mortgage service providers.
Directories of lenders, branch operators and mortgage service providers.
News About "Standard & Poor's"
Search Results From This Site
1. Big Banks Manage Huge Legal Costs - More than $100 billion already paid out | Nov....
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, the group has collectively incurred around $50 billion in legal expenses related to the 2005 through 2008 vintages. Those amounts are over and
2. Mortgage Rates Drift Lower - 30-year fixed averages 4.29% | Nov. 27, 2013...
Nothaft, chief economist for the giant finance company. The latest Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller index, released Tuesday, showed prices in the 20 largest cities increased 13.3
3. Quicken is Gold Standard for Service - Industry makes gains in customer...
A report earlier this year from Standard & Poor's Ratings Services noted that loan processor functions at Quicken are broken up into components separately completed by between 25
4. U.S. DOJ Choosing Calif. as Venue for MBS Lawsuits - Golden State less...
Department's lawsuit against Standard & Poor's, which prosecutors accused of fueling the financial crisis with dubious ratings of mortgage investments. That case was filed in
5. New Penn Affiliate Issuing 2nd Jumbo RMBS - Shellpoint Asset Funding Trust 2013-2 ...
Ratings, Kroll and Standard & Poor's Ratings Services. Another recent RMBS transaction backed by jumbo mortgages is Agate Bay Mortgage Trust 2013-1. The 549 loans for $434 million
6. Quicken Plans Further Growth - Ranking assigned for origination process | Feb. 27,...
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, which assigned the mortgage originator review ranking to Quicken, said that the ranking was "based on our opinion of the company's
7. Investors Take Hit on Write-Downs - Alt-A jumbo loans account for majority of...
Previously, the RMBS were rated at either CCC or CC. The downgrades were announced Tuesday by New York-based Standard & Poor's Ratings Services. "Today's downgrades reflect our
8. Homeward Residential Layoffs Follow Ocwen Acquisition - Hundreds of layoffs to be ...
A report in November from Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said that while many servicers have been scaling back on offshore staffing, both Ocwen Loan Servicing LLC and Homeward
9. Healthy Outlook for CMBS Issuance - Issuers discuss CMBS market conditions | Feb. ...
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services analysts at the Commercial Real Estate Finance Council conference in Miami. The event was held from Jan. 13 through Jan. 16. "Improved
10. Details Emerge in U.S. v S&P - Complaint filed in federal court | Feb. 6, 2013...
Standard & Poor's rating agency this week culminates a massive, multi-year federal investigation code-named "Alchemy," but it's only the start of a more public legal battle joined
11. Rapid Servicing Growth at Nationstar Prompts Cautious Outlook - MSRs increase...
Nationstar has completed 344 servicing transfers since 2008. The rapid expansion prompted Standard & Poor's Ratings Services to change its outlook for Nationstar's residential
12. Servicer Rating Cut at Citi - Internal audits uncover issues | Jan. 29, 2013...
The downgrade came Tuesday from Standard & Poor's Ratings Services. "The downgrades reflect several internal audits that were not considered satisfactory and identified issues
13. New York is MBS Lawsuit Central - Recent activity in MBS lawsuits | Jan. 13, 2013 ...
Standard & Poor's Financial Services LLC, Moody's Investors ... DEFERRED COMPENSATION PROGRAM, Plaintiffs-Appellants, v. STANDARD & POOR'S FINANCIAL SERVICES LLC; THE MCGRAW-HILL
14. 2 Servicers See Success with Outsourcing - Merger ahead for both firms | Nov. 19, ...
Residential Inc., according to report from Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, Two U.S. Mortgage Servicers in India Have Efficient Operations But Still Face Difficulties. The
15. Non-Agency Resurgence Predicted - Report sees life ahead for private-label RMBS | ...
Likely, was authored by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services. S&P indicated that steps taken by the Federal Housing Finance Agency -- which regulates Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac --
16. Services Support Secondary Marketing - Recent secondary market service offerings |...
Forecasts into its proprietary models." CoreLogic said earlier this year that it was approved by Standard & Poor's as a third-party due diligence provider for RMBS. An expansion
17. MBS Lawsuits - First-Quarter 2012 Mortgage Litigation Index | Sept. 24, 2012...
com/LitigationMbs022012.asp Standard & Poor's Ratings Services State of Illinois na na Complaint filed. na na 1/25/2012 1/25/2012 www.mortgagedaily.com/MctLawsuitSpIll012512.asp
18. MBS Case Activity Dominated by BofA, Chase - Recent actions in MBS litigation...
Bank PLC and Standard & Poor's parent The McGraw-Hill Companies Inc. was upheld on June 27 by the Court of Appeals, State of New York. The court concluded that the collateral
19. Judicial States Bloat U.S. Shadow Inventory - S&P report analyzes distressed RMBS ...
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services' First-Quarter 2012 Shadow Inventory Update: National Liquidation Rates Moderate, While Regional Differences Widen. The report is available to
20. Shadow Inventory Falls - 1 month reduction in Q1 | May 9, 2012 | MortgageDaily.com
The statistics were reported by Standard & Poor's Rating Services. "On a more positive note, the rate at which properties enter the shadow inventory slowed during the first
21. Ratings Agency Sued Over Bad MBS Ratings - Illinois AG sues S&P over mortgage...
Standard & Poor's, violated Illinois law when it assigned its highest credit rating to risky mortgage-backed investments in the years leading to the collapse of the housing market
22. Serious Delinquency Rises in December - 6.58% 90-day delinquency rate | Jan. 20...
December 2010, when it stood at 7.36 percent. A report Tuesday from Standard & Poor's Ratings Service and Experian indicated that on just first mortgages, the 90-day rate climbed
23. Early Delinquency Retreats - 12.26% 30-day U.S. rate in December | Jan. 19, 2012 |...
Standard & Poor's Ratings Service and Experian that 90-day delinquency was up for the fourth month in a row to 2.19 percent in December. Also reporting higher year-end delinquency
24. Serious Mortgage Delinquency Up 4th Consecutive Month - 2.19% first mortgage rate ...
Tuesday by Standard & Poor's Ratings Service and Experian. The numbers reflect data on around $11 trillion in outstanding loans sourced from 11,500 lenders. But delinquency has
25. CMBS Issuance Projected to Increase - Market slowly regaining strength | Jan. 10, ...
During 2012, CMBS issuance is projected to reach $35 billion. That is according to Standard & Poor's Ratings Services. The New York-based firm said volume last year was $32.7