Complete list of specialty news sections
Subscribe to MortgageDaily.com and get immediate access to all news, statistics and archives.
Reach mortgage executives, loan originators and other people tied to mortgage industry.
Free mortgage news for prospective borrowers.
Free e-mail newsletter with the latest headlines from MortgageDaily.com.
Put entire MortgageDaily.com stories in your online or printed newsletter or publication.
Condensed MortgageDaily.com stories free on your Web site or for your RSS reader.
Archive of MortgageDaily.com stories by month going back to 1999.
Reports and announcements from MortgageDaily.com.
Data and statistics for real estate finance.
Directories of lenders, branch operators and mortgage service providers.
Directories of lenders, branch operators and mortgage service providers.
News About (OTS) OR ("Office of Thrift Supervision")
Search Results From This Site
1. LOs Challenging OT Appeals Decision - Appeals court recently ruled in favor of...
Stories about legal settlements, judgments and mortgage class actions. LOs Challenging OT Appeals Decision Appeals ... Appeal in LO OT Case (July 3 ... Sued Over LO OT Ruling (Jan. 12
2. Mortgage Bankers Win Appeal in LO OT Case - DC appeals court requiring rulemaking ...
Appeal in LO OT Case DC appeals court ... Related: Government Sued Over LO OT Ruling (Jan. 12, 2011) A ... position on originator overtime. OT Still Dominates Mortgage Employment
3. OneWest Laying Off Hundreds in Texas - Staff reduction follows notice of MSR sale ...
July 2008 by the Office of Thrift Supervision. A consortium of private investors with ties to J.C. Flowers & Co. LLC, Paulson & Co., MSD Capital L.P., Stone Point Capital LLC, SSP
4. OneWest Selling Big Chunk of Servicing Portfolio - Deal reached to sell MSRs...
Office of Thrift Supervision in July 2008. Before its failure, IndyMac serviced $153 billion in home loans. OneWest's servicing division, IndyMac Mortgage Services, had a
5. 3 Bank Failures in 1 Day - Recent financial institution closings | April 21, 2013 ...
Office of Thrift Supervision entered a supervisory agreement with the bank in April 2010. First Federal reported $94 million in deposits as of the end of last year. Its $100
6. NY Firm Sued Over Fraudulent FHA Certifications - Lawsuit filed against Golden...
Office of Thrift Supervision investigation into the activities of its president or his involvement in an OTS civil money penalty. U.S. v. Movtady. Case No. 13-cv-02227, April 4,
7. 1st Bank Failure of 2013 - Recent financial institution failures | Jan. 14, 2013 |...
Bank's allowance for loan and lease losses. TierOne was closed down by the Office of Thrift Supervision in June 2010. "Aesoph and Bennett merely rubber-stamped TierOne's
8. Despite Settlement, BofA MBS Litigation Battles Go On - Recent activity in MBS...
The now defunct Office of Thrift Supervision took over Denver-based United Western in January 2011 in a bank failure that was expected to deplete the FDIC's Deposit Insurance Fund
9. 2 of 3 Bank Failures Friday in Florida - Recent financial institutions to fail...
May 2010 by the now-defunct Office of Thrift Supervision. The winning bid for First East Side came from Stearns Bank, N.A., which acquired all of its $67 million in assets and
10. Bank Faces LO OT Lawsuit - Brothers sue Sterling Bank over overtime pay | Sept...
Stories about legal settlements, judgments and mortgage class actions. Bank Faces LO OT Lawsuit Brothers sue Sterling Bank over overtime pay Sept. 18, 2012 By GREG STILES Mail
11. Wholesaler Settles Discrimination Charges - $2 million settlement accompanied by...
Office of Thrift Supervision to the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division in 2010. "It is critical that lenders have policies in place to ensure that they don't discriminate
12. OT Still Dominates Mortgage Employment Litigation - Recent activity in lawsuits...
Stories about legal settlements, judgments and mortgage class actions. OT Still Dominates Mortgage Employment Litigation Recent activity in lawsuits involving mortgage employers
13. Fed Issues Sanction Against MetLife - Order tied to faulty servicing, foreclosure ...
Currency or the Office of Thrift Supervision. The orders required the servicers ... Reserve Board, the OCC and the Office of Thrift Supervision. MetLife has since disclosed plans to
14. 5 Bank Fatalities Friday - Recent bank failures | July 22, 2012 | MortgageDaily...
Office of Thrift Supervision, in October 2009, another OTS cease-and-desist order in March 2009 and an OTS supervisory agreement in May 2005. "The OCC acted after finding that the
15. Nationstar Now a Top-10 Servicer; Staffing Soars - Acquisition of Aurora...
April 2011 by the Office of Thrift Supervision. Related: Nationstar Continues to Expand Servicing Portfolio With its latest planned acquisition of mortgage servicing rights,
16. Brutal Week for Banks - Recent mortgage-related businesses to close | June 9...
Federal was hit with an Office of Thrift Supervision cease-and-desist order in July 2010 and an OTS supervisory agreement in May 2009. It was originally founded in 1960 as a
17. Bank Expands Mortgage Staffing Plans - BBVA recruiting for operations centers...
Office of Thrift Supervision. BBVA Compass careers BBVA Compass news next story back to current headlines Bank news Logout forgot password? SUBSCRIBERS: Edit Subscription |
18. Tragic Week for Banks - Recent bank failure activity | April 28, 2012...
Office of Thrift Supervision prompt corrective action in March 2010. Total deposits ... Island, S.C., bank was the recipient of an OTS cease-and-desist order in June 2010. Total deposits
19. Unpaid OT at Issue in Several Mortgage Lender Lawsuits - Recent activity in...
Stories about legal settlements, judgments and mortgage class actions. Unpaid OT at Issue in Several Mortgage Lender Lawsuits Recent activity in mortgage employment cases March 12
20. ARMs Improve as 30 Year Bounces Off Low - Average 30-year mortgages 3.95% | Feb...
Funds Index. The Office of Thrift Supervision announced in July 2011 that the index would be discontinued. The NMMC is being replaced by the Federal Cost of Funds Index. The
21. Over 1000 Chase Hirings in Calif Include LOs - Branches being added, investments...
Bank after the Office of Thrift Supervision threw the former West Coast giant into receivership. In April 2011, the bank announced plans to expand its California staff by more
22. 1st Bank Failure in More than Month - Recent bank and credit union failures | Jan....
Its entire real estate portfolio, $10 million, was tied up in residential loans. The Office of Thrift Supervision issued a cease-and-desist order against the bank in July 2010.
23. M.I. Claims Disputed in Court - Recent activity in mortgage insurance lawsuits...
Bank, which was seized by the Office of Thrift Supervision in December 2009. Old Republic allegedly denied the claims. Old Republic is fighting another lawsuit, this one filed on
24. 100 Jobs Being Added as Firm Expands West - Operations center opening in Arizona |...
Bank was closed by the Office of Thrift Supervision in August 2009. The failure of the $13 billion bank, which had its headquarters in Austin, was projected to cost the Federal
25. Servicers Make Progress on Consent Orders - Report outlines steps taken | Nov. 22,...
Currency and the Office of Thrift Supervision in April that required them to fix problems with foreclosure processing, correct failures in governance and the loan modification