Date: Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Time: 1:00 p.m. EDT
Join Patton Boggs and MortgageDaily.com for a 60-minute webinar to discuss the surge in mortgage buyback demands.
Sam Garcia, MortgageDaily.com’s publisher, will serve as moderator, and Patton Boggs partners Patrick McManemin, John Schryber and Michael Waldron will address best practices, strategies and responses for handling these buybacks.
Due to high default rates in the mortgage industry, market investors are demanding that loan originators repurchase a growing number of defaulted and non-defaulted loans, challenging that the loan documents contain misrepresentations.
Listen as our panel of experienced attorneys explains how the rise in mortgage buyback demands came about and how counsel should approach and respond. Following the panel, you will have the opportunity to participate in an interactive Q&A session.
- Industry practices that led to the rise in mortgage repurchase demands
- Current trends in mortgage repurchase demands
- Assessing risk of mortgage repurchase demands
- Developing an approach and response to these demands — including insurance considerations, negotiation strategies and best practice for litigation
- Patrick F. McManemin, Partner, Mortgage Banking, Bankruptcy and Restructuring, Business, Energy and Natural Resources, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, and Real Estate practice areas, Patton Boggs LLP
- John W. Schryber, Partner, Mortgage Banking, Intellectual Property, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, and Securities practice areas, Patton Boggs LLP
- Michael S. Waldron, Partner, Mortgage Banking, Business and Corporate Finance practice areas, Patton Boggs LLP
- Mike Forrester, CrossCheck Compliance